The James Dyson Award is an international student design award running in 18 countries worldwide. We’re looking for product concepts or ideas that solve a real problem, either designed from a university project of designed in the entrant’s own time. The best entries will demonstrate the iterative design process and include sketches, images of models, prototypes and videos.
- Any university-level student in an engineering, industrial design or product design program (or graduates within 4 years of graduation)
- Submissions can be from individuals or teams up to four
- Students must have studied in one of the 18 participating countries
- Students submit footage, images, sketches and explanations of their ideas to www.jamesdysonaward.org. International finalists will be asked to make a video pitch of their project to James Dyson who will announce the international winner on November 6, 2014.
- International Winner:
- £30,000 (~$46,500 CAD) for the student/ team
- £10,000 (~$18,500 CAD) for the student’s university department
- James Dyson Award trophy
- International Runners-up:
- £5,000 (~$9,300 CAD) for the student/ team
- National Winner:
- £2,000 (~$3,700 CAD) for the student/ team
- Entries open – March 27, 2014
- Entries close – August 7, 2014
- Announcement of the national winners – September 18, 2014
- Announcement of the international finalists – October 16, 2014
- Announcement of the international winner and runners-up – November 6, 2014
- Students are invited to apply on the James Dyson Awards website.